The internet is a beautiful and wonderful thing; it’s allowed start-ups and small businesses to flourish and reach audiences they would have never dreamed of. However, the internet has allowed companies with little expertise and experience to worm their way into companies and give advice they may not be qualified to give. One of the most common entities who give counterproductive advice to businesses are marketing agencies. There are great agencies out in the world who will put your company first and use their wealth of knowledge to improve your image and offerings, but there are also those who fall back on trends and use narrow and incorrect methodology to determine how “successful” their campaigns are for you.
If you’re currently using a marketing agency, consider some key questions about when it’s time to move away from them and hire another. Use this short but concise guide to consider if you should move away from your current marketing firm and put your trust in someone better.
They Stay Stagnant
This is one of the major differences between marketing agencies who know what they’re doing and those who don’t. A great marketing agency will keep in the know and be constantly on the lookout for trends that are currently working and dumping those which aren’t. Lesser agencies will:
- Shut down any consideration of new thought in favor of what they’ve always done. They keep their heads in the sand in favor of their “preferred methods” and won’t help your business take the next step into the future of marketing and product improvement.
- Shut down your advice or ignore it entirely, opting for convenience over creativity or production.
Great agencies will:
- Listen to any ideas your employees or top brass have about the future of the company and where you’d like to take your image, working with you to achieve a full range of ideas and developing ideas all the way through. Make sure you’re choosing an agency who’s not afraid to push boundaries and keep their ear to the floor for the top trends of today.
They Have no Prior Experience
Businesses are doing everything in their power to hook customers in. The idea of “social credit” has dissipated and many are taking advantage of it, claiming that their clients love them and they’ve worked with all the top brands. Marketing agencies will do everything they can to get into your head and sow doubt in your mind whenever you’re not using their service, but don’t just listen to their words – look at their actions and prior results. Before you choose an agency that you think is right for you, take a look at their track record and comb through some of their most recent projects.
The shysters will have far less experience than they’ve led you to believe, so be thorough and make sure you’re seeing an accurate picture of what they’ve actually done. This process can be as in-depth as you choose, but it doesn’t take more energy or effort to check on the validity of “experience claims.” You can use the internet to surf around and take a look at their work on their website and other resources you have at your disposal.
They’re Just Not Sure About Their Strategy
The basics of marketing are wide out at the open at this point, as thousands of bloggers have written about the importance of the essentials. Lesser marketing agencies will tell you about SEO, social media, and getting your name out to the pubic with digital tools, but they’ll stop there.
This is basic marketing, the type any online blogger or amateur can tell you about. Great marketing agencies will go a step (or a few steps) beyond these simple tactics. They’ll clue you in to more advanced methods, using cutting edge technologies to read trends and know the temperature of the public throughout the year.
Furthermore, they’ll have techniques and tactics which directly respond to your company and what you’d like to do with your future. SEO and social media are great resources for blanket marketing, but great marketing agencies will know how to use their resources and expertise to create campaigns that benefit your company in a unique and distinct way. They’ll measure their success using advanced metrics and improve on their key points throughout the year. A great marketing agency doesn’t stop at the basics; they push through until the job is done.
They’ve Forced You Into a Long-Term Contract
All marketing agencies want you to stick with them and bring your business back time and time again. However, only those agencies with lesser methods and practices will force you into 5-year contracts and cost you your freedom in the process. Great marketing agencies know let their methods and results speak for themselves.
If your current marketing agency wants you to or has made you sign a long-term contract that are 3 years or longer, effectively “locking you up,” it’s time to move on as soon as possible. The best agencies know that their results are their contract, and act accordingly and allow flexibility for their clients.
An Agency You Can Trust
If you feel it’s time to find a new agency for your business, you can rely on ThrivePOP to create campaigns that will capture the attention of the public and stay with you. ThrivePOP is a highly responsive and creative marketing agency that specializes in getting the job done right the first time, using advanced metrics and breaking ground with every new campaign they create. If you need a marketing agency that is always pioneering and has the requisite experience to handle every type of business under the sun, you want ThrivePOP.
- MJBizCon 2022: What You Need To Know
- Digital Marketing for Cannabis Dispensaries: What You Need To Know
- Top 3 Email Marketing Strategies & Tips You Need To Know
- Inbound Marketing vs. SEO: Which Is the Better Online Marketing Strategy?
- Cannabis Content Marketing: A Complete Guide
- The Pros & Cons of WordPress vs. HubSpot
- Why Is Social Media an Important Part of Inbound Marketing?
- How to Market Cannabis: Top Marketing Tactics to Follow
- What to Ask Your Cannabis Marketing Agency
- Professional Design: Why Is a Logo Important for Your Brand?