In 2022, marketing is going to shift and some bold moves will be made to elevate brands. New technologies are being reviewed and scrutinized by experts in the field. ThrivePOP will discuss the top seven marketing items you need to know when working toward elevating your brand in 2022.
1. Host Webinars and Online Events
Business professionals across the globe say that video-based learning is their preferred learning format, and 85% prefer the video to be webinars. 94% of respondents also report viewing webinar content monthly. It is important to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise so when people are ready, they know who to reach out to.
A webinar is not something that you should do without proper planning and promotion. We typically recommend 6 weeks to plan an event. We recommend promoting via a drip-email campaign, social media platforms that are appropriate for your audience, and social media advertising. The trick is to not send out invites too far in advance for webinars as people’s schedules change and they forget if it is scheduled too far out. We don’t recommend sending out email invites more than 2 weeks in advance.
Some important things to consider when hosting a webinar:
- Audience: Who are you talking to? You will need to make sure that whatever topic you are discussing that it will be of interest to your target ideal client. Consider where your prospect hangs out and get your message there. For example: if you are a B2B company, you may consider Linkedin, but if it is a B2C, you may consider Facebook or Instagram for social promotion.
- Topic: Consider what questions your prospect may be wondering or consider what they would type into google to find the answer. Consider hot or controversial topics to hook your audience.
- Presenters: The presenter must be engaging and interesting to listen to. Nobody wants to attend a seminar (webinar) with a boring instructor! We have had great success when we have 2 speakers, this allows for more discussion and creates more interesting engagement.
- Format: There are several formats to choose from. A panel of experts (4-6) with a moderator, an individual speaker, 2 speakers, Q&A interview format, or live-streaming,
- Goals: With any marketing tactic you must have a goal. Some goal examples could be a certain amount of people registered, how many people actually show up, and of course, quality leads that turn into sales.
- CTA: Always, always, always have a Call-To-Action! A call-to-action, can be a special promotion for attending the webinar, a give-a-way, survey, etc.
Popular webinar platforms.
2. Assess Your TikTok Content Strategy
One of the fastest-growing content streamers today is TikTok; this social media platform is attracting millions of people of all ages and is expected to cross 1.5 billion users in 2022. Consumers are looking to TikTok because of the fluidity of its content and the rapid flow of its user interface. Your business should look into utilizing TikTok like it would any social media company, as the platform is growing by the millions every month. There are dozens of different demographics on the platform and any service or product is suited for the platform.
In particular, you should be well researched in your knowledge of TikTok trends and challenges, as content moves on and off the site quickly. Take a few weeks to familiarize yourself with the platform if you haven’t already and get posting, and establish what marketing goals you want to achieve out of these short format videos.
3. Create Reels Content
TikTok isn’t the only social media platform that is gaining traction amongst marketers.Instagram has also shifted strategies on the platform to compete with video streaming and “reels”; one of the many ways they’re doing this is a focus on Reels, a new feature that aims to mimic the rapid motion and attention span of TikTok.
Utilizing Reels in your marketing is essential, but there are some fundamental truths to understand about the content apparatus. First, Reels deemphasizes posts that are cross-posted from TikTok, in an effort to compete with that platform. It’s important to remain spontaneous, free, and fun when making videos for Reels, and avoid blurry or low-resolution videos when possible. These will be dumped by the algorithm, and you’ll be back to square one.
So which is better for your marketing strategy, TikTok or Reels? It really depends on your target audience and what you are selling.
4. Boost Employee Engagement
According to a study by The Temkin Group, 79% of companies with engaged employees had a significantly better customer experience than companies that didn’t. There are a few great ways to do this, but the simplest and most fluid platform without a doubt is LinkedIn. Your employees should use LinkedIn to talk and interact with customers, discussing what they need, what they want, and everything your company can do to improve its sales flow. LinkedIn is a professional site where your employees will be safe to discuss business with customers; you won’t have to worry about coming across as overly enthusiastic or fake.
Check Out One of our webinars that we hosted below!
5. Keep Tabs on Influencer Trends
One of the most radically changing trends in the industry today is that of micro-influencers (social media accounts with less than 10 thousand followers). Social media companies are accomplishing amazing things with the power of artificial intelligence, and much of this technological innovation is happening in the influencer realm. Data-driven A.I.s are sending consumers to pages that will cater directly to them to get the information they want, from the sources they know and trust.
Your company should research these influencer marketing trends in artificial intelligence and get in front of the emerging lanes they’re taking, helping your customers steer themselves toward the influencers you want them to see and those which are fruitful for your company.
6. Marketing Automation to Become More Efficient
Email automation campaigns are among the top three tactics used by email marketers to improve performance. Within the industry, there’s no more trusted or used resource than HubSpot. This website should be your company’s go-to for marketing automation information and processes.
Marketing automation uses software to automate monotonous marketing work. Marketing departments can automate repetitive tasks such as email marketing, social media posting, and even ad campaigns – not just for the sake of efficiency, but also to provide a more personalized experience for their customers. This will help generate leads for you at an increased clip, as well as organize and prioritize your e-mail systems and other forms of communication, both within your company and externally. HubSpot is an all-encompassing and wholly unique site dedicated to making sure your marketing efforts are high quality and highly effective.
7. You Need to Make Targeting Adjustments
For example, surveys, gamification, and other data collection methods are more prevalent among businesses who used to rely on third-party data to track their consumers’ needs and predilections. Consider setting up some zero-party methods of your own to stay in contact with your customers and understand what they want and need from your business to a greater degree.
Providing the appropriate content by list segmentation will keep your users interested because they are receiving communication on topics that they have shown an interest in.
The Bottom Line
There is always a hot new technology that everyone is trying, but what one is right for you? The entire process can be confusing and a bit labor-intensive, which is why you might need to team up with an agency like ThrivePOP to see growth into 2022. ThrivePOP has a team of dedicated experts to help you traverse the tricky terrain of digital marketing and ensure your endeavors connect with and meet the needs of customers every time.-that
- 7 Marketing Tactics You Need To Include In Your 2022 Plan
- MJBizCon POPPIN’ Recap
- 7 Tips For Creating A More Inclusive Cannabis Brand [Watch]
- ThrivePOP’s Exclusive “Done4U” Webinar Giveaway
- ThrivePOP Will Be POPPIN’ Over To MJBizCon In Las Vegas!
- Trade Show Marketing In 2021: What You Need to Know
- 5 Creative Ways To Market Your Cannabis Business
- TikTok vs Reels: What’s Better For Your Marketing Strategy?
- 7 Answers About SEO Your Business Must Know
- The Future of Cannabis Marketing in 2021